Re: Thoughts on the Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: Re: Thoughts on the Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 21:21:01 +0200

> Selam G is a frantic person who misunderstood my words.  Perhaps she
> did not know the meaning of the expression, "present oneself as" and
> equated it to "be".  Her moral fault was being too quick to demonize
> and attack.

I don't get how that could be true. Because:

1. I didn't hear from that person apologies for her mistake, I also
think the site where the non true statements were made is still up. She
had plenty of time and probably got plenty of messages from people that
noticed her that her statement wasn't true.

2. her hitpeace is written in as far as I remember descent english, and
"present oneself as" is no weird saying that foreigners (me included)
don't get because it has a hidden meaning or comes from some historical
event that only in context makes sense.

It's just easy english words you learn in each basic english
course. maybe oneself is a bit unusual compound-word but one and self
are easy words and I don't see how anybody could misunderstand that
without purposfully play dumb.

I understand that you gain nothing from attacking them, but America had
the McCartyism era and to much people said nothing in the end people
landed in Prison and others died.

The question is what you could actively do about it, like suing people
or something but I would suggest at least not to "white knight" people
that tried to destroy you and partially did hurt you.

I am sorry if that is pretentious, but a unfair unjust attack with lies
against you that forces you to step down from functions and not longer
participate in some activities because of that, hurts the free software
movement and it's users, too.

greetings and thanks for your centuries of great work so far!