gpsd-users

Re: Illegal instruction....

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: Illegal instruction....
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 10:07:16 -0600

On Wed, 27 May 2020 16:25:11 +0100
"David J Taylor" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Bryan, it seems that apt remove and purge didn't achieve this, and
> the "install" part of building from the git didn't replace them.  An
> rm *gps* helped....

It might help to understand that gpsd packages install to one place,
cmake install from the source installs to another. So gpsd from
packages installs to /usr/sbin/gpsd. Libraries may similarly go to
different places.

Also, there is no reason to expect one installation method to "know"
about other installation methods. So do not expect "apt purge" to
"know" about where "cmake install" put things. Instead, for any given
installation method, use that method's removal process.

Would you please get your mail client to quote emails properly. I find
it confusing and annoying to open up one of your emails and read
something someone else wrote earlier, with no indication that it is a
quote until I have scrolled down several pages.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/