Re: [Groff] Setting Text Along A Curve

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: [Groff] Setting Text Along A Curve
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 23:04:50 -0500

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 19:49:38 -0000 (GMT)
(Ted Harding) <address@hidden> wrote:

> And the "Blue Book", i.e. the "PostScript Language Tutorial and
> Cookbook" can be downloaded (it was published in 1985) from:
>
>   http://www-cdf.fnal.gov/offline/PostScript/BLUEBOOK.PDF
>
> The circular text example, with its generating PostScript code, is
> given as Program 10, pages 168-171, of this version, in the Cookbook
> section. Program 11 (pages 172-175) gives the "Placing Text Along an
> Arbitrary Path" example, along with the generating code.

In musing about PostScript I came across "Mathematical Illustrations"
by Bill Casselman, http://www.math.ubc.ca/~cass/graphics/manual/ and
his example of text-on-a-path on page 3 of the preface,
http://www.math.ubc.ca/~cass/graphics/manual/pdf/preface.pdf.  The
technique is explicated in Appendix 7.

--jkl