grub-devel

Re: Failure to embed core.img is fatal now

From: Javier Martín
Subject: Re: Failure to embed core.img is fatal now
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 03:02:38 +0200

El mié, 25-06-2008 a las 17:48 -0400, Pavel Roskin escribió:
> I'm also surprised that the code alternately uses dir and
> DEFAULT_DIRECTORY to calculate core_path.  core_path is calculated 3
> times in one function!  If dir and DEFAULT_DIRECTORY are used correctly,
> I suggest that two different variables are used for what is now called
> core_path.
The core_path variable is indeed reused throughout the code: sometimes
it refers to the path as the OS and grub-setup see it, and then it's
used to search for core.img as GRUB would. This can be a bit confusing
(I've recently fixed a bug in that very function related to core_path
construction), so I agree that two different variables ought to be used.
Why not create a patch for the occasion?