grub-devel

Re: GRUB update problems

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: GRUB update problems
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:13:18 +0100

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 10:39:38AM -0500, Henry W. Peters wrote:
> Ok, not getting any response here, probably means either:
>
> 1.) This is not the correct forum for someone NOT knowledgeable in the
> inner workings of GRUB2,
>
> 2.) & or no one give a flying fig if someone has a serious problem
> involving GRUB (1 or 2).
>
> Would someone be so kind as to explain... & perhaps, if necessary,
> direct me to a forum that might actually be able to help me problem
> solve here?

In principle, the right list for obtaining help with GRUB would be
help-grub.

But in practice, I'm not sure if there will be people there who can
provide user assistance.  Therefore user questions are tollerated in
grub-devel.

I'd really like to make help-grub the user support forum, but since I don't
have more time to volunteer myself, I'm not sure how to make this happen.

FWIW, if anyone who reads this is willing to help the GRUB project by
watching help-grub and helping with user requests there, he/she's more
than welcome to do that.

--
Robert Millan

  "Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Gandhi