guix-devel

GNOME!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: GNOME!
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 19:51:24 +0100

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> skribis:

> FWIW everything now works for me, which is a first in a year :)

\o/

I wanted to give it a try in a VM, hence these commits:

  6cbc8d5 * gnu: gnome: Disable hardware acceleration check via 'gnome.desktop'.
  c510cbb * services: xorg: Accept session commands with arguments.
  a0d7baa * gnu: gnome-session: Make sure 'gsettings' is found.

Now it works well in QEMU.

There are details to smooth out, such as having the right fonts
installed by default.  When I logged in, I got not-so-nice fonts in the
top-level bar, including squares here and there:

PNG image

Ideas?

There’s also the problem of the default background, as you pointed out
before, but maybe that’s more “involved.”

Thanks for the great work on GNOME!

Ludo’.