guix-devel

Re: gcc-toolchain is missing libstdc++.so

From: John Kehayias
Subject: Re: gcc-toolchain is missing libstdc++.so
Date: Fri, 05 May 2023 20:59:03 +0000

Hi Kaelyn,

On Thu, May 04, 2023 at 11:45 PM, Kaelyn wrote:

> [...]

Thanks, that's a nice little hack! Just something very minor I
noticed, but you don't need to specify glibc directly for the -F (FHS)
option in guix shell, as it will automatically include the (modified)
glibc.

This topic came up again on IRC today and GNUtoo had the correct cli
invocation for getting at gcc:lib. I thought I had tried something
similar but must have missed something, or else didn't notice that
this will only work for guix shell, as guix build doesn't take outputs
in the package list:

guix shell  -e $'(list (@@ (gnu packages gcc) gcc) "lib")'

Thanks to both of you I have some options for workarounds currently,
but based on how this topic keeps coming up I still think we should
have a more straightforward option.

John