guix-devel

Re: bug#63267: gcc-toolchain is missing libstdc++.so

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: bug#63267: gcc-toolchain is missing libstdc++.so
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 19:07:23 +0200

Hi,

I am proposing patch#63393 [1] which adds the output lib to
gcc-toolchain.  Well, quoting the comment:

      ;; The main raison d'ĂȘtre of this "meta-package" is (1) to conveniently
      ;; install everything that we need, and (2) to make sure ld-wrapper comes
      ;; before Binutils' ld in the user's profile.

I think, this package gcc-toolchain should be the visible package and
battery included.

WDYT?

1: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/63393

Cheers,