guix-devel

Re: [workflow] Automatically close bug report when a patch is committed

From: Liliana Marie Prikler
Subject: Re: [workflow] Automatically close bug report when a patch is committed
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2023 01:59:17 +0200

Am Donnerstag, dem 07.09.2023 um 09:12 -0700 schrieb Vagrant Cascadian:
> I am much more comfortable with the "Fixes" convention of:
>
>   Fixes: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/NNN
I like the idea, but we should also consider the bugs.gnu.org address
here as well as the convention of putting it into angular brackets.  In
fact, I might even prefer it if the convention was
  Fixes: Bug description <link>
where bug description is a (possibly empty) name for the bug such as
"Emacs hangs when I press a key" or something.

As for when to send it, remember that we already send a bunch of mails
to guix-commits@gnu.org as our commit hook?  I think it shouldn't be
too hard to search for the fixes line and send it to debbugs control.

WDYT?