Re: [Health] Tryton-server

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] Tryton-server
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 15:40:31 +0200

Hello Yusif,

Am Freitag, 15. Mai 2020, 15:33:19 CEST schrieb Yusif Suleiman:

> My name is Yusuf Suleiman from Nigeria.

welcome to the GNU Health community!

> I am new to Linux / OpenSUSE and GNUHealth.
>
> I follow your tutorials in regards to installation of gnuhealth, all the
> steps are successful until I come to start "Tryton client" that "tryton
> could not connect to the server"

OK...so what versions of GNU Health do you use? What is your base system, and
are client and server o the same machine?

> Although I configured the tryton server as you did, but I noticed the codes
> shown in your screen are different from mine (e.g: the password, the super
> password, & other variable are not the same). Do I need to change the
> settings in my screen to look as same to yours.

Super password is not used anymore in recent versions of GNU Health

The easiest way to set up a new installation on openSUSE is to use the
packages that are provided by openSUSE, see:

https://en.opensuse.org/GNUHealth_on_openSUSE#Quick_Start

> Please, kindly help me to resolve the following problem.

No problem :-)

Kindly subscribe to address@hidden so everybody can learn from it!

Best,
Axel