[Heartlogic-dev] how many items should there be?

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] how many items should there be?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:55:27 -0500 (CDT)

So, how many items should there be in operation rumination baby pilot?

Unlimited: Just keep giving the participant items until they get too
tired?  (Well, probably do not give them both reversed and unreversed
versions of an item).  THis is nice bc we can get the maximum amount
of effort from each person.  But it adds a potential confound.  The
people who get tired later will have a stronger "vote."  This will
limit the publishability of our work too.

Limited:

Do it by time?

I just did about 15 items in 2 minutes.  If had 30 items we could say,
you will be done in 5 minutes, easy.  If we had 32 items then we could
give them 8 items from each of the following 4 groups.  (1)
JarroldXXXX paper (2) Open Mind sample (3) Cyc Sample (4) dissertation
sample.  That is what I propose as of 2005-06-13.

Shorter/longer time?