help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: CVS 3DLDF:scanprse.web:451: error: `yyparse' was not de

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: CVS 3DLDF:scanprse.web:451: error: `yyparse' was not declared in this scope
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:42:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007, Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> Now I can successfully compile it withe the following steps:
>
> % cd /dir/of/3DLDF-1.2.0.0
> % export LANG=en_US
> % ./configure
> % make
> % sudo make install
>
> But, if I use my default LANG, that is, zh_CN.UTF-8, I will meet the
> errors I posted to you in the last mail.
>
> So, I have the following the question, how can I make the 3DLDF can be
> maked under the zh_CN.UTF-8 locale, so that the 3DLDF can manipulate
> more characters such as chinese?  I think this is practical, considering
> that the LaTex have such macros such as CJK.

I don't know what error messages are being issued when use your
default locale.  Does the test program I sent you compile, link,
and run properly with this locale?  If not, then my theory is
that there's something in the Standard Template Library that's
not compatible with this locale.

Characters in strings are written verbatim to MetaPost.
Making 3DLDF "understand" UTF-8 would be a fairly
straightforward, if time-consuming task.  It would be necessary
to add code to the function `get_catcode' in the file `scan.web',
currently at line 2977.  It's quite easy to understand, so I suggest
you take a look at it.  This function is called in the function
`sub_yylex', also defined in `scan.web'.  Since these characters
would only be used in strings, I don't think it would be necessary
to define any new category codes (also known as "catcodes").

> more characters such as chinese?  I think this is practical, considering
> that the LaTex have such macros such as CJK.

Mentioning LaTeX to me is a bit like waving a red flag at
a bull, but I've looked into CJK before and I think it's an
important topic.

I agree that this would be a useful feature.  I'm very sorry, but I
don't have time to work on it myself at present.  I will put it on
my list of requested features.  This is a very short list, since it is
very seldom indeed that anyone ever contacts me about 3DLDF at all.

However, you may feel free to modify your copy of the code, if you
want to do this.  If you need any hints on how to proceed, please let
me know.  I have to leave now, so I'll have to cut this message short.

Laurence