help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: CVS 3DLDF:scanprse.web:451: error: `yyparse' was not de

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: CVS 3DLDF:scanprse.web:451: error: `yyparse' was not declared in this scope
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:33:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007, address@hidden wrote:

> Having given it some more thought, I think it probably wouldn't do any
> harm.  If I get a chance, I may add another category code: `UNKNOWN_CHAR'
> and make the necessary modifications that would allow other characters to
> be used in `strings'.

[...]

I've just checked this and it's not necessary to do this.   Characters
that are being collected for strings are checked for whether they are the
double-quote character, a backslash, or a newline.  Otherwise, they are
just added to the string.  I've checked what happens when I used
characters outside the usual range, that might be used in a UTF-8
encoding, and was rather puzzled by the results, since an extra character
was added.  This was one of the characters that appears as the first
character in UTF-8 encodings.

This is clearly something I'd have to experiment with.

Another problem, which I've run into before, is the way Emacs handles the
encoding of special characters.  I've entered characters using their
numerical values and found that they've changed when I open
the file again after having saved and closed it.  I'd have to look into
what's happening here, too.

It may be awhile before I'm able to do work on this, if ever, so you may
have to experiment with this yourself, if you want to use UTF-8 encodings
in strings.

Laurence