Re: multiple kill and paste from X clipboard

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: multiple kill and paste from X clipboard
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 14:27:57 -0500

> As I said previously, it works with some X client (like xterm) but with
> a more useful one (Firefox) I just get half of the selections.
>
> I tried to debug this and it seems to me that it is because Firefox
> issues some "PRIMARY TARGETS" requests that ends up « consuming » the
> user data (I'm not sure this is what happen but this is my
> interpretation of it).

I'm definitely not an expert in the way selection works in GUIs, nor how
this works in Emacs.  So I can't judge what your patch does, sorry.
This said, maybe a "safer" change is to propagate the information that
a particular request is a "TARGETS" request to the
`x-sent-selection-functions` so that *your* function can decide whether
that should count as consuming or not.

        Stefan