Re: [Help-smalltalk] [Q] GST support TCP on Windows?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] [Q] GST support TCP on Windows?
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:09:54 +0200

Portability between Linux, Windows and Mac OS X is biggest consideration of this project and I thought Smalltalk(Squeak or GST) might be best solution for this work. But after some testing even Smalltalk is great environment/platform, this kind of task might not be appropriate for it. Thank you, if you have any suggestion or fix please let me know.

It's a little sad, because this is just a portability problem and it's exactly the case where user input can be most useful (remember that your input led to a dramatic improvement in multi-byte character set support, for example). Unfortunately, until I get a decent Windows machine there is not much that I can do about this.

Do you have a clue of where the 100% load goes (e.g. what happens if you type Ctrl-C?).