Re: Mail layout and fonts

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Mail layout and fonts
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 21:29:42 +0200

Eric Brown <brown@fastmail.com> writes:

>> Indeed. Tho I decided to stop worrying about that
>> long ago. It is better to focus on your own
>> activity. I wish I could impose
>> techno-totalitarianism and make the entire human
>> race use world-class software with all the right
>> settings. But I can't so there is no point being
>> frustrated there. So you just continue doing your
>> tables and figures and don't worry about your
>> street cred when they eventually end up in clients
>> that virtually do a massacre on them...
>
> If I can't be compatible/blend well with others,
> then I must adapt to the practices of those in
> charge. I have also stopped worrying, and I reformat
> my work and send it in OOXML.
>
> If OOXML "does a massacre" then it's still
> my problem.

Are we still in the bank world? I thought we had moved
from that to ordinary Usenet and listbot custom.

I don't know the practices in the world of supposedly
professional programming but if they don't do such
a basic and necessary thing as *mail* right that means
there isn't a place for me there anyway.

On the other hand, if you 1) want to be there, and 2)
is OK adapting, then what's to discuss? Just do
it... man.

Bottom line: The correct way *in terms of technology*
to send mail is as plain text. Period - here it is: .

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573