Re: design goals vs mechanisms (was: Re: Let's do some coding :-)

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: design goals vs mechanisms (was: Re: Let's do some coding :-)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:33:48 +0200

   This is a fine reason for you to fix linux, but not *one* of these
   things is something that an end user gives a damn about. These are
   implementation issues (and matters of opinion, even if I happen to
   agree).

I'm a end user, I give a damn.  This disproves your claim.

   >From the end user perspective, Linux sucks because it is
   vulnerable, unreliable, inflexible, and unsafe. Also because the
   available software is pretty limited.

Uhm, no, if Linux sucked so much nobody would be using it.  Software
for GNU/Linux isn't limited by any means either.