Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text patches

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text patches
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:29:54 +0100

Hi,

> Actually there is almost no documentation of CD-Text implementation. I
> had to get most of it by digging through cdrecords and cdda2wavs source
> code. Those were the only programs that got close to implementing the whole
> standard.

I am much interested in learning about reading and writing of CD-TEXT
for enhancing libburn.

Especially about the format of "Pack Data", which is not specified
in MMC, but only mentioned by:
  "The detail of Pack Data and CD-TEXT information is described in
   System Description Compact Disc Digital Audio Addemdum: CD-TEXT."
That document (aka Red Book) is not publicly available.
For reasons of peace i do not examine cdrecord sources, so i
do not get accused of plagiarism.

So if you have any information to share, please do.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas