Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text patches

From: Leon Merten Lohse
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] CD-Text patches
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 22:12:06 +0100

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 03:48:18PM -0500, Robert William Fuller wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> CD-Text IS specified in older MMC standards.  Specifically, try
> "mmc3r10g.pdf".  It has an "Annex J" that describes the format of
> CD-Text.  I am not sure why the newer MMC standards omitted it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob

That is indeed the best documentation you can find other than cdrecords.
But it is still kind of superficial. libcdio already supported most of
the fields described there. Unfortunately you will not find any
information about the structure of binary CD-Text fields like genre or
size_info there.

Regards
Leon