Re: Request Advice for Work Meeting on Why use GNU+Linux

From: Roberto Beltran
Subject: Re: Request Advice for Work Meeting on Why use GNU+Linux
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 16:46:03 +0000

Hey Lily,

I'd keep away from technical arguments since IT will lap you just like you'd
lap them in statistics. I would keep focus on that the goal of the hospital is
patient care and that your intention is to do your best work possible and you
would do your best work on a laptop/computer with GNU/Linux natively installed,
period. Maybe what IT is proposing sounds and would be
overly-complicated/cumbersome for you and get in the way of your work.

Ultimately, it's ITs duty/role to support the hospitals mission, and security
and management needs to adapt to the hospitals needs, not the other way around.
Plenty of companies, nonprofits, governments, universities, etc. support
GNU/Linux no problem.

You can probably flower up my language a bit so it fits better, but I would say
it's important to be a little firm and not cave. Keep the ball in your court.

I hope that helped and I wish you the best of luck. I find it admirable that
you're taking a stand for freedom.

Yours,
Roberto Beltran
https://libremiami.org/