Re: changing the midi instrument; broken

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: changing the midi instrument; broken
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:00:46 -0700

Juergen Reuter wrote:
On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Some further clarifications below.
However, as Erik says below, if you want to store the lyrics into a variable, you have to do
mylyrics = \lyricmode { Here is my ly -- rics }
and then \lyricsto ... \mylyrics

Still remains the question why at all you would want to store the lyrics into a variable.

Possible answer: Because you want to reuse the same lyrics at multiple places in the score.
Right!  There are often repeated phrases in lyrics.

Also I usually have the notes and words in a separate file from the file that specifies the part or score.

Paul Scott