Re: Documentation translation: first patch

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Documentation translation: first patch
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 17:37:28 +0100

Le samedi 25 novembre 2006 à 15:22 +0100, Han-Wen Nienhuys a écrit :
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen escreveu:
> > Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >> Yes, I understand.  We'll have to see about that.  I'd like to
> >> keep the snippets untranslated for now.

After thinking twice about it, this is not a high priority issue. It can
wait for the time when we have translated the whole user manual.

> > I've added a fix for the sourcefileline issue in the fr-doc branch.
> > That means that we're ready to merge the branch and release the tutorial,
> > as far as I am concerned.
>
> Please push into stable/2.10 ; I will then try to roll a 2.10.1.

Please wait for me to finish to check the tutorial translation, where
there are still spelling mistakes. I'll push into fr-doc as soon as it's
done.

Besides that, .html and .png extensions in HTML links are stripped by
default, so we should add a switch (makefile variable?) to disable this
for the local docs tarball. Moreover, the "Other languages: ..." footer
generated by add-html-footer never shows French, whether the page is
translated or not.

John Mandereau <address@hidden>