Re: Suggestion: tempo ranges

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Suggestion: tempo ranges
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:13:05 -0700

Hi John,

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 4:52 PM, John Zaitseff <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, I did read that in the NEWS file (that is, text annotations for
> \tempo).  Still, not as nice syntactically as my suggestion above!
>
> Besides, I'd still like to do something like:
>
>  \tempo "Медленно" 4. = 92-96
>
> Is there any interest in a patch that will allow me to do this?  I
> don't mind spending the time necessary to do it if the idea is
> agreeable to the project admins.

I would be interested in this feature.

You can see how what Reinhold changed in this commit [1] (on June 7)
for inspiration.

Also, since the tempo of MIDI output is set with this command, we
would need to decide which of the two indications to choose (or take
an average).

[1] 885a05c107ff5b3c845db536a8fa9bcd6b9fc544

Thanks,
Patrick