Re: CG Information on Snippet Handling

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: CG Information on Snippet Handling
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 23:45:23 +0200

Anthony W. Youngman a écrit :
Oh MAO No.....!!!!!

text is okay, but if you mean GNU info, I absolutely HATE that. A simple text or pdf that I can read top-to-bottom is fine, but please DON'T foist on us a hypertext system that a lot of people don't have a clue how to use.

RMS goes on about choice, then tries to foist info on everyone! That's one of the few things that I really don't trust his judgement about!
Don't worry, documents README/INSTALL/... and the Contributors' Guide are produced at least as plain text. I don't see any signific ant usefulness of compiling the CG in Info.

Best,
John