Re: Make doc fails

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Make doc fails
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 11:29:28 +0200

On Aug 28, 2011, at 4:33 AM, Graham Percival wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 03:19:00AM +0100, Graham Percival wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 05:14:00PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
>>> This afternoon I've done a fresh pull, make and make doc.  Make doc
>>> failed with this:
>>
>> Indeed.  It needed to run
>>  scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py
>> I've just done that, and will push once the build successfully
>> finishes.
>
> Mike.
>
> Your commit
>  Adds a Flag grob to LilyPond.
>  f0978ed121192fee9bdf2453a325d98693148acf
> introduced a syntax change with no convert-ly rule.  It also broke
> compiling on git master.  I am now fixing stuff manually.  This is
> not how I was planning on spending my 3am Sunday morning.

Graham,

Thanks very much for your help, and I'm sorry for adding extra stuff to your
plate at an inopportune time.  Please let me know what I could do to prevent
this from happening again - I try to follow the review process as fastidiously
as possible, and am always looking to be more meticulous about making sure that
my work does not have unanticipated negative impacts.

As for the convert-ly rule, I was under the impression that these rules were
pushed on a version-to-version basis, and all syntax changes were written as
one rule before the rolling of the next version.  The last time I added one was
because the versions had changed and a rule didn't exist for the version during
which a commit of mine happened.  Please let me know how you want me to go
about this in the future - if there could be an entry in the CG about it,
that'd help a great deal.

Cheers,
MS