Re: git-cl under Windows

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: git-cl under Windows
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 20:39:44 +0100

David Kastrup wrote Tuesday, July 03, 2012 4:34 PM

> Namely, git-cl first tries importing readline unconditionally, then it
> tries importing it again conditionally.
>
> That does not look all too clever.  Perhaps removing the unconditional
> import is all that is needed?

Yes, this seems to bypass this problem.  Thanks David.

But there are several more issues:

projecthosting_upload uses "except .. as" syntax, which
is only valid from 2.6 on, and Class name() i.e. with a
null inheritance.  Python 2.4.5 ships with LP, which
gives syntax errors on these.  Easily fixed though.

Then atom/__init__.py imports ElementTree, which first shipped
with Python 2.5.  So I located the source and copied it across
(with a rename).

Then threading.py can't find _sleep.  This appears to be needed
only as a Solaris hack, so commented out the call in the
LP python library.

Nearly there.  git cl upload master now runs, but can't find vi:

> $ git cl upload master
> WARNING: terminal is not fully functional
> Documentation/notation/input.itely |   56 +++++++++++++++++
> 'vi' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> Description empty; aborting.

I'm not sure what the last line means.  It clearly finds the single
commit which has a commit message.  I guess it wants the
text to go into Rietfeld.  vi actually works fine on the command
line, so I'm not sure why it can't be found.  I'll continue
investigating, but if anyone has any ideas ...

Trevor