Re: git-cl upload has stopped working (so has patchy)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: git-cl upload has stopped working (so has patchy)
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 12:13:40 +0200

"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:

> Trevor Daniels wrote Thursday, May 28, 2015 6:18 PM
>>
>> James Lowe wrote Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:04 AM

>>> That explains why test-patchy (and probably accept/reject-patchy) don't
>>> work either.
>>
>> Given this problem I thought it prudent to see if I could still
>> import the Issues DB from GoogleCode to Allura in SourceForge.  I
>> started the import at 12 noon today (28 May) and after a
>> disconcertingly long pause before anything happened it now seems to
>> be proceeding normally.
>
> This upload completed after 39 hours.  It contains 4416 tickets, the
> latest one being Issue 4424, so it seems to be complete up to 28 May
> 2015.  I've edited the authors to be "GoogleImporter" rather than
> "*anonymous" and started the re-import again.
>
> Given the current problems with git-cl, patchy, etc I wonder if this
> is a good time to cut our losses and move to using Allura on
> SourceForge, since GoogleCode is scheduled to die anyway in a little
> over 2 months.  Manually editing the Issues on Allura is pretty much
> the same as manually editing them at GoogleCode.  Any available effort
> could then be directed at making git-cl etc work there.
>
> Is there any alternative on the table?
>
> What do you think?

Well, you have experimented with local hosting as well, didn't you?  So
this might give us some estimates regarding the resource usage for our
current bug database.  That should be helpful for enquiring at Savannah
about the prospects for hosting off Allura there.

That option was sort of the point for going with openly available
software rather than moving all to GitHub.