Re: [partcombine] honouring Voice context name

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: [partcombine] honouring Voice context name
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 23:16:20 -0400

Hi Dan (et al.),

> It is worth investigating the possibility of changing the part combiner from
> an event router to a property setter.  If that is feasible, Kieren’s concerns
> about voice naming would still need to be addressed, but without the
> complication of the extra voices that exist only as an implementation
> artifact.

It's a very interesting idea. Whether it is scalable is possibly a separate
concern… but even as an intentionally-limited mechanism (e.g., \combineTwo,
which can only combine two parts/voices), there could be great benefits. I'll
poke around and report back.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer