Re: Does the following Python error in the musicxml tests ring a bell?

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Does the following Python error in the musicxml tests ring a bell?
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 17:21:53 +0100

Am Dienstag, den 03.03.2020, 17:10 +0100 schrieb David Kastrup:
> David Kastrup <
> address@hidden
> > writes:
>
> > Jonas Hahnfeld <
> > address@hidden
> > > writes:
> > > This gives me 6 rather small merge conflicts that I could easily
> > > handle, plus skipping 4681e271ab and 41a35ee2dd (that are in master
> > > anyhow). The result is at dev/translation-picking.
> > > Now when merging this into master I get a whole set of conflicts. I
> > > guess you saw the same? Any trick how to handle this?
> >
> > Four hours of work.  But why even bother?  Checkout my version, do a
> > reset --soft to your version and commit -C HEAD to your version.

Sounds good to recycle the work.

> > The history is yours, the tree is mine.
>
> Wait, wrong branch/HEAD.
>
> Check out your version (should be merged to the same point of master I
> did)

Instead I just merged current master into your branch.

> then do
>
> git checkout davids-version .
>
> The period is important!  It means "don't really checkout that commit,
> only ./ from it and all subdirectories".  Which amounts to everything
> but the history.

Perfect. I only restored the following files from the branch to keep
the Portuguese translation:
 * Documentation/web/server/lilypond.org.htaccess
 * ROADMAP
 * python/langdefs.py

> Then
>
> git commit --amend -C HEAD
>
> and you should be done.

Result at dev/translation-picking-merge, currently running a doc build
just to be sure.

Jonas