Re: translation updates in master

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: translation updates in master
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 20:32:54 +0100

Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Dienstag, den 03.03.2020, 17:50 +0100 schrieb David Kastrup:
>> Jonas Hahnfeld <
>> address@hidden
>> > writes:
>> > Perfect. I only restored the following files from the branch to keep
>> > the Portuguese translation:
>> >  * Documentation/web/server/lilypond.org.htaccess
>> >  * ROADMAP
>> >  * python/langdefs.py
>>
>> Ouch.  Yes, I had assumed that everything important would be in
>> Documentation/??/ and I at least discovered on my own that I had
>> overlooked Documentation/pictures/ .  But not the rest.  I also had
>> conflicts in config.hh.in aclocal.in and some Makefile.  Could also be
>> related to Portuguese or something.
>
> Well, my heuristic of "all commits that touch Documentation/pt" did not
> catch all changes either: I've additionally picked
>> e47faac609 Doc: get rid of "translation missing for" [pt]
> to silence the warnings.
>
> PTAL and let me know if I should push to staging.

Well, your version is better than mine on translation though I am not
sure it is perfect (it's just hard to be sure).  I'd rather you'd
replace the branch on translation to reduce the possibility of it
getting reintroduced (which would ruin the effort).  And a few days
later we merge into staging.

Should we discover other problems, we can fix them in translation first.

Does that sound reasonable?