Re: How to auto print empty measures?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: How to auto print empty measures?
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 00:58:08 +0100

Am Fr., 28. Dez. 2018 um 22:28 Uhr schrieb Philip Bergwerf
<address@hidden>:

> When working with Lilypond I want Lilypond to print the empty measures from
> every instrument, like how Denemo is doing by default. For example: instr. 1
> has 10 measures of music. I want lilypond to print the empty measures of all
> staffs in the project. Is there a way to reach this? How?
>
> Cheers, Philip Bergwerf

No idea why you want this...

Probably:

skp =
#(define-music-function (mus)(ly:music?)
  #{
    \new Staff
    <<
      \new Devnull $mus
      #(skip-of-length mus)

  #})

\skp
\relative {
    \time 3/4
    d'2 c4
    \break
    \time 2/4
    e2
    \bar "||"
}

Works at Voice level only. Ofcourse spacing will be completely different.

Cheers,
  Harm