Strange staff/system spacing

From: 田村淳
Subject: Strange staff/system spacing
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 22:58:52 +0900

Hello!

I’m about to finish one project but I’ve encountered a very strange problem. I
have no idea where to start looking into. And I don’t think I can produce a
tiny example easily.

This is the first 2 pages of 25-page harpsichord part:

Everything looked nice. Then, I added one line of text in the footer on each
page and this changed to:

The third page onward still look fine.
Could someone give me an advice as to where to start?