lmi

Re: [lmi] Problems with the Cygwin build

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Problems with the Cygwin build
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 12:00:49 +0000

On 2019-05-07 03:07, Greg Chicares wrote:
> On 2019-05-07 01:04, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> [...]
>> 2. The main problem that took us the longest time to find and that I still
>>    don't have any real fix for is the build failure with libxml2 due to
>>    "missing" lzma.h header.
>
> IIRC, we aren't actually using that in production, so maybe the
> best solution is to remove liblzma for now.

For now, and forever.

> I'm not awake enough to try reverting c040201bcea tonight,
> but I think I'll try that tomorrow, after making doubly sure
> that we aren't using liblzma in production.

We're doubly sure. Our decision is to abandon and eradicate lzma.

I'll change that (and of course fix the directory-copying issue),
test everything, and commit to HEAD, but it'll take something like
six hours because I have something even more urgent to take care
of first. I'll let you know when I've finished all of that, and I
hope that at that time you'll be able to retest everything in
'INSTALL', along with
  ./nychthemeral_test
  ./gui_test
in cygwin so we'll know cygwin is fully supported. Until then, I
just wanted to let you know we're abandoning liblzma and there's
no need for you to try to make it work with libxml2 in cygwin.