lmi

Re: [lmi] Problems with the Cygwin build

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Problems with the Cygwin build
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 12:39:59 +0000

On 2019-05-07 12:21, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Tue, 7 May 2019 12:00:49 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> On 2019-05-07 03:07, Greg Chicares wrote:
[...]
> GC> Our decision is to abandon and eradicate lzma.
>
>  Unfortunately I'm not sure this is going to suffice: xmlwrapp uses
> pkg-config to find libxml2 and lib[e]xslt too and is probably going to
> suffer from the same problem if the workaround with setting PKG_CONFIG is
> not used.

Later today I'll be able to look into this.

Let me just ask a couple of questions now:
 - If cygwin has now broken normal usage of pkg-config, then should
   xmlwrapp still depend on pkg-config, or should it use some other
   way of finding libxml2 that's more robust?
 - Given that lmi compiles xmlwrapp's sources the same way as any
   of its own sources, does this issue even affect lmi?

> GC> I'll change that (and of course fix the directory-copying issue),
>
>  What about the remaining issues? Should we just ignore them for now?

I'll address them later today.