lmi

Re: [lmi] debian chroot in redhat

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] debian chroot in redhat
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 12:40:39 +0200

On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 00:56:31 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]
---------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<-------

--------->8-------->8-------->8-------->8-------->8-------->8-------->8-------

GC> I think replacing bsdtar with libarchive-tools will just work.

 Yes, I've tested this in Sid, rather than Bullseye, but they have the same
version of libarchive-tools currently, so it should also work just fine in
the latter.

GC> >  Finally, the mysterious problem mentioned in the beginning of this
message
GC> > is a failure in install_msw.sh, which somehow doesn't create
GC> > test_coding_rules.exe, even though make log doesn't contain any errors.
GC> > We'll look more into this,

 Ilya did and found the problem: it was due to forgetting to install
wine32, so test_coding_rules.exe was created, but couldn't be run.

 The full script Ilya used for testing is below[*]. It's definitely not
very user-friendly, but it does work for him under Buster and I'm almost
sure it should work under Bullseye after s/bsdtar/libarchive-tools/, but I
could ask Ilya to test this. I'm not sure if it's really necessary,
however, as you're presumably going to do the same thing anyhow. The
important thing was to check if Debian chroot inside a RHEL system could be
used and we did check this and confirm that it does indeed work.

 Regards,
VZ

[*] The script:

---------------------------------- >8 --------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

# prereq
packages_list='autoconf automake bsdtar dos2unix doxygen
  gdb git libtool make patch pkg-config rsync unzip wget
  zip zsh build-essential g++-mingw-w64-i686 g++-mingw-w64-x86-64 bc'

apt-get update
# shellcheck disable=SC2086
apt-get install -y $packages_list

# wine
apt-get install -y wine
dpkg --add-architecture i386 && apt-get update && apt-get install -y wine32
wineboot
# wine --version

# install
mkdir -p /tmp
export TMP=/tmp
install_script='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vadz/lmi/master/install_msw.sh'
cd /tmp
wget -N $install_script
chmod +x install_msw.sh
logfile=log_`date -u +'%Y%m%dT%H%MZ'`; echo "Log file is '$logfile.tar.bz2'."
./install_msw.sh >$logfile 2>&1; tar -cjf $logfile.tar.bz2 $logfile