lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7 release.

From: root
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2.7 release.
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 00:44:36 -0500 (EST)

Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       It has a compilation option to set never as the default, which
> can be overridden in lynx.cfg, and the default can be toggled via a
> -cookies command line switch.  It doesn't issue statusline messages
> when it ignores Set-Cookie headers.  They would either whizz by too
> fast to read, or you'd have to impose sleep()'s to make them persist,
> which would be just as annoying as the prompts when you don't want
> to accept any cookies during that session.
>
>       If you haven't set or toggled never as the default, then the
> default is to prompt for each new domain (and any new cookies from it,
> if you don't set always or never for it).  You cannot set always as
> the full session default, only never or prompt.
>
>                               Fote

Is there a reson why you cannot set an "always" value, since I cannot think
of any seceurity issues (assuming the cookie storage has propper permissions
(600), since the remote server can't pass data to other sites anyway.
Anyway, I would think you should be able to set any of the three, for
completeness.

 -- James Mastros
;
;