lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx on HP-UX v 10.20

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx on HP-UX v 10.20
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 22:36:37 -0500 (EST)

> For some time now, I have been using lynx successfully under
> the HP-UX operating system version 9.04 on HP servers.  Recently
> our system administrators have begun upgrading the servers to
> HP-UX version 10.20.  Under this version, lynx aborts, even
> when I recompile it under the new operating system.
it _could_ be problems with HP's curses (they apparently have more than
one flavor available, and the default one doesn't work well).

The 2.7.1/2.7.2 versions have some specialized targets (other than
'generic').  The development version of Lynx relies on a configure
script, which in turn knows about some of the different flavors of
HP's curses libraries.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden