lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] a solution for this problem?

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] a solution for this problem?
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 23:00:39 -0800

Karen Lewellen wrote:

> However, when I hit enter on this link, I get a badly formed address
> error...which I admit is new.

Can you find out what that badly formed address link is?  I'm not sure
which of these might work:

- `lynx -source the_problem_page > problem-page.html`, then examine that
- use backslash 'view source' while in Lynx on the problem page
- '=' command inside Lynx, on the problem page, while on the problem link
- running the whole thing under `lynx -trace` and digging it out of the
  wreckage

It could be as simple as them using some sort of wrong HTML or URL
encoding which other browsers 'know' and silently fix -- or as
unreachable as the URL has to be decoded from some sort of crypto by
a JavaScript routine...