Re: [GMG-Devel] redmine -> trac: status; please read

From: will kahn-greene
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] redmine -> trac: status; please read
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:31:48 -0500

This is covered in the FAQ section of the wiki page:

http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/Redmine_migration

Why migrate?

Back in July 2011, we created http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/418 we
decided that we needed to manage our own issue tracker rather than use
a hosted one. There are various reasons for this, but the biggest one
is that we want to be in control of our infrastructure so that we can
adapt it to our needs.

Why Trac?

Redmine lacks a tagging system, though I think there are plugins that
you can install that handle tagging.

Further, mediagoblin.org has infrastructure for Python web apps. I
didn't feel like dealing with Python and Ruby web apps.

I'm more familiar with Trac and can augment it with Trac plugins going
forward.