Re: [Mldonkey-users] [ Mldonkey-users]Mldonkey features

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] [ Mldonkey-users]Mldonkey features
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:43:50 +0200 (CEST)

>  Sorry for asking this a second time (before on the forum), but what is
>  Add special IP addresses with no upload limit and no upload slots for
>  good friends?

It means that it could be interesting to be able to have different
upload limits for people inside my LAN and those outside my
LAN. Another example is that, if I often download from my office, I
may want to copy the download to my home computer, and I would like to
have some priviledges for that on my own client. I think using
mldonkey would be easier for that then using FTP or HTTP.

>  Are you sure it can't be used to abuse the network?

Maybe it could. However, the priviledged sockets would not be counted
in the upload bandwidth, so that you still have to let other people
use this available bandwidth and slots, even if some friends are using
the priviledged sockets.

>  I respect your work (source code is too difficult for my poor knowledge
>  in OCaml!), but since Mldonkey seems to have difficulties with some
>  people, will you move the max_connected_server to the secret files?

I don't know. The multi-servers connection has not been proved
harmful, and it is not a good idea to solve problems in the
architecture of the network by limiting the client. Another client
will appear or people will continue to use older versions instead of
the new ones.

>  Anyway i would like to thank you for this very GOOD client!

Thanks a lot. Best wishes,

- MLDonkey