Re: [Monotone-devel] cygwin & *.exe

From: Zbynek Winkler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cygwin & *.exe
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:36:57 +0100

Zbynek Winkler wrote:

Hello. I've tried compiling monotone under cygwin. I got the ./configure to finish. Problem is with the generated makefile. It expects that the generated executables do not have the exe extension. Where would be the right place to fix this? I am not very familiar with autotools (actually I like boost bjam ;-)).

Well, only the txt2c target is affected by this (the other ones are ok) so I went on compiling. In order to compile successfully under cygwin I had to do the following:

1) export CPPFLAGS='-I/home/zbynek/boost -DUSE_IPV6' in order to find boost includes and include support for ip6 which is used somewhere deep in boost/sockets/src

2) export LDFLAGS='-L/path/to/compiled/boost/libs' in order to find boost libs (after compiling them and renaming them - add missing libboost_*). I wanted to add ' -liconv -lintl' as well to link iconv and intl (they were missing from the final link command) but that didn't work because this way the libs appeared before monotone-commands.o that require them and the missing references didn't ge resolved.

3) instead I had to modify Makefile.am and add these lines
monotone_LDADD += -liconv -lintl
unit_tests_LDADD += -liconv -lintl
depot_cgi_LDADD += -liconv -lintl
after the definition of the respected vars.

After that I got monotone.exe to play with :-)

Zbynek