Re: [Monotone-devel] linus talk on git

From: J Decker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] linus talk on git
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 12:05:37 -0700

monotone absolutely does not convert line endings, charsets, or anything
else by default.  What you put into the system is exactly what you get out.

There used to be an option to enable line ending and charset conversions, it
was off by default, it never particularly worked well, and there wasn't much
evidence that it was even used, so it was completely removed in 0.33.

That is most excellent!  I am so very very happy to hear that.

(Guess my only remaiing culprit is Visual studio reacting to mixed-moded line endings and converting the wrong direction :)

\r\r\r\n makes for horrible line endings.

Jim

Cheers,
-mjg
--