Re: [Monotone-devel] linus talk on git

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] linus talk on git
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 21:30:59 +1000

    J> Harsh .... (also beware of falling rants) Unforutnatly,
    J> although monotone has become much much better for performance
    J> issues... it was knocked out of the world of 'valid'
    J> distributed version control systems because of speed.

Maybe I got this wrong, but based on what I have seen so far of this
talk, I couldn't help but think that Linus didn't consult the Monotone
developers with his concerns about speed, why it was slow, or how much
work it would take to improve its speed.

Maybe he was just itching to write his own system.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>