Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 19:03:12 +0200

Thomas Keller wrote:
mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory 'certification'
mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory 'certification/include'
mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory 'certification/include/php'
mtn: warning: cannot drop non-empty directory
'certification/templates/moderator'
mtn: misuse: 4 workspace conflicts

This is something we hopefully remove in the next release. Just move the
certification/ directory out of the way so monotone can cleanly update
your workspace to the previous revision.

Monotone didn't like that either. :-(  See below:

$ mv certification foo
$ mtn update
mtn: updating along branch 'org.theingots'
mtn: selected update target d02074eb70d2bdfe99fc82cc8c35a8c2c2b2ad98
mtn: warning: missing directory 'certification'
mtn: warning: missing directory 'certification/include'
mtn: warning: missing directory 'certification/include/css'
mtn: warning: missing directory 'certification/include/js'
mtn: warning: missing directory 'certification/include/php'
mtn: warning: missing directory 'certification/templates'
mtn: warning: missing directory 'certification/templates/assessor'
mtn: warning: missing directory 'certification/templates/moderator'
mtn: warning: missing directory 'certification/templates/share'
mtn: warning: missing file 'certification/assessor.php'
mtn: warning: missing file 'certification/contact.php'
mtn: warning: missing file 'certification/include/css/certificates.css'
mtn: warning: missing file 'certification/include/css/ie.css'

So Monotone is expecting me to figure out which files it is not tracking and remove those files before it'll update the working directory? I can't have files or directories that monotone does not keep track of? The "include/php" directory has an external php library. No sense in having that in my monotone database.

Daniel.