Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 21:21:08 +0200

Daniel Carrera <address@hidden> writes:
> Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>> This is easy to do in a workspace: rm -f $(mtn ls unknown)
>
> It would be even better if I didn't have to delete these files. Just
> because Monotone is not tracking them doesn't mean that they are not
> useful. My TODO list, a library, a quick test file, etc. Those are all
> legitimate reasons to have files that are not tracked.

Yes indeed; that's why monotone will not delete these "unknown" files
under any circumstances.  The problem you had was that "mtn update"
needed to replace "unknown" files with "known" files; monotone
preferred to bail out rather than overwrite the "unknown" files that
were in the way.

> Over-all I am concerned about the process of un-doing a commit. What
> I want is a functional equivalent of Monotone acting as if I had not
> done the commit yet. I don't want it to nuke my files or revert my
> changes.

To achieve this, revert your workspace to the previous revision first,
then "mtn db kill_rev_locally" the offending (head) revision.

--
Ludovic Brenta.