Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Undo a commit
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 19:20:47 +0200

Daniel Carrera wrote:
So Monotone is expecting me to figure out which files it is not tracking and remove those files before it'll update the working directory? I can't have files or directories that monotone does not keep track of? The "include/php" directory has an external php library. No sense in having that in my monotone database.

Indeed, that seems to have been the case. After making a backup of my certification directory I removed all the files that were not in Monotone. That includes the _darcs directory, hidden files, a library, test files, a TODO list, etc. Then I ran 'mtn update' and Monotone deleted everything. It deleted all the files and directories under the certification directory. It's ok because I had a backup, but it's not what I was hoping monotone would do.

I'm not happy with what Monotone did. If I undo a commit, I don't want Monotone to delete or modify my files. If I wanted that I would have told it to revert. What I want is that Monotone remove that action from the database and then behave as if the commit had never happened. I don't want it to mess with my files unless I say 'revert'.

Daniel.