Re: [Monotone-devel] Contributed scripts and how to handle them...

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Contributed scripts and how to handle them...
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 22:29:31 -0500

Richard Levitte <address@hidden> writes:

> In message <address@hidden> on Sun, 06 Feb 2011 10:04:35 -0500, Stephen Leake
> <address@hidden> said:
>
> stephen_leake> I have a beef about people using the word "standard" in this
> way; is
> stephen_leake> there an actual ISO or national standard for Perl? Or do you
> just mean
> stephen_leake> "Perl from some normal place, not customized". We need more
> terms for
> stephen_leake> this. We have "international standard", "national standard",
> "industry
> stephen_leake> standard". I don't think Perl is any of those? It's just a
> common package.
>
> de-facto standard ;-)

Hmm. That would be for things like Hayes modem commands, or Midi
commands; one company initially dominated, then other companies created
independent implementations of the same command set.

I think there is only one Perl implementation.

So just "Perl" is enough; no need to say "standard".

--
-- Stephe