Re: [Monotone-devel] Contributed scripts and how to handle them...

From: CooSoft Support
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Contributed scripts and how to handle them...
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 08:25:07 +0000

Stephen Leake wrote:
Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

CooSoft Support <address@hidden> writes:

What I was referring to as standard Perl, was in the English sense of
the word and not referring to an ISO standard.
Hmm. Wiktionary (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/standard) gives 9
definitions of "standard". The closest here is number 6:

    "A rule or set of rules or requirements which are widely agreed upon
or imposed by government."
That would be "de-facto" or "industry" or "ISO" standard.

That's the noun definition. Number 6 under adjectives is:

    "As normally  supplied  (not optional)."

Which is exactly how you are using it.

Sigh. I should have scrolled down _before_ I hit send :).
Hehe no worries :-) Done that myself enough times....
I'm familiar with that usage, but only as applied to features on
automobiles; "air conditioning is standard on Honda Accord, but not on
Ford Pinto". I've just never heard it used in a software package
context.

Amazing how the mind conspires to hide memories from us!

So with any luck my 20 line perl script should be able to run... Many thanks for your help with the test suite stuff.

Tony.