Re: [Monotone-devel] Contributed scripts and how to handle them...

From: CooSoft Support
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Contributed scripts and how to handle them...
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 08:58:40 +0000

What I was referring to as standard Perl, was in the English sense of the word and not referring to an ISO standard. I.e. my script will run on a basic vanilla install of Perl, what would be got by downloading and compiling the tar ball from www.perl.org with default arguments to ./configure. It doesn't need extra CPAN packages, unlike mtn-browse, and is not dependant on multi-threading (an option on ./configure). It's just a lot easier to use the word `standard'... :-)

What is available to a Perl script can differ quite dramatically from distro to distro. mtn-browse would work out of the box on Mandrake, likewise Debian and Ubuntu, but RedHat you would have to download about 10 CPAN packages. Whereas mtn-cleanup is a much more basic script.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hope this helps :-)

Tony.

Stephen Leake wrote: