pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.14.2.90 "A Bouquet of Corpses"

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.14.2.90 "A Bouquet of Corpses"
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:40:36 -0700

Duncan posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,
on Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:17:45 -0700:

> Charles Kerr posted
> <address@hidden>,
> excerpted below,  on Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:04:47 -0800:
>
>> Nov 28, 2003 - New Release:
>> 0.14.2.90 - "A Bouquet of Corpses"
>> http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/releases/0.14.2.90/
>
> For those who don't follow this list thru gmane using PAN as I do..
> consider what all those leading special characters creating the boxes do
> to PAN's quote marking code!  <g>

Up and running now!  Compiling's actually fun now that I have a dual
opteron to do it with, and I don't have to worry about overheating as I
did with my old Athlon-C 1.2, which I'd run at 100% CPU and overclocked to
1.33, doing distributed.net, until it was no longer stable.  Scaling it
back helped, but it'd still oops frequently if I let it run to hot or at
100% CPU as when compiling for to long.  The dual opteron (only 242s, but,
hey..) with a gig of memory slices thru compiles fast enough it hardly has
TIME to get hot!  <g>

Sorry.. I'm proud of my new toy, aka early Christmas present for myself.
Back to PAN..  No bugs yet to report, but this is my first post with it,
so..

Benjamin Franklin